Neurology Winter School
A series of tutorials, bedside teaching, communication training and lab visits
Center for Stroke and Dementia Research
Issues for consideration include:
- Principles of neurology and neural science
- Intersections with neurosurgery, neuroradiology and psychiatry
- Methods of diagnosis and treatment
The international students choose a field of interest for patient contact and rounds and integrate into our medical team during the entire course of the Winter School. They hospitalize patients and discuss the anamnesis of physical examination and test results as well as the adequate treatment with their respective ward doctors or consultants.
Furthermore, specific tutorials are held which instruct the students how to discuss clinical cases in a problem-oriented and cooperative manner. Small group training sessions and seminars involve diagnostic tools in neurology, interpersonal communication, e.g. "Breaking Bad News", simulations based on standardized patients and other elements of the medical professional’s skill set. read more
Taught by eminent medical specialists, the students also receive invaluable help from their German "study buddies". read more
On weekends, there’s time to relax and enjoy what Munich and its surroundings have to offer: Students go on skiing trips together, attend a concert or a ballet, view the paintings in the Pinakothek, or visit nearby attractions such as Neuschwanstein Castle and the city of Nuremberg.
Target group / prerequisites
The elective addresses senior medical students, particularly those from LMU partner universities, who attend this four-week rotation together with senior medical students from LMU.
A "study buddy" from LMU is assigned to each participant from abroad, and helps to pilot his or her partner through the complexities of hospital practice.
Upon completion of the elective, a course certificate is granted to international and LMU students. In addition, a certificate as an internship ("Zeugnis über die Tätigkeit als Famulus/Famula") is granted to LMU students.
Language of tuition
2024 course dates
- Arrival international students: March 2
- Course start: March 4
- Course end: March 29
- Departure international students: March 30
Maximum number of participants
10 (including LMU students)
- 200 € administrative fee: non-refundable
- 320 € tuition fee: students from LMU partner universities are eligible to apply for a Tuition Waiver
- 510 € housing fee (single apartment with ensuite bathroom and kitchen)
Fees are due upon acceptance for the Program. Cancellation policy
Participation is free for LMU students.
- Academic program
- Excursions (Munich sightseeing tour by bus, Neuschwanstein castle, city of Nuremberg, Dachau concentration camp memorial site)
- Student residence (single room with ensuite bathroom and kitchen)
- Medical campus cafeteria vouchers
- Public transport ticket
Application deadline is November 05, 2023.
PD Dr. med. Konstantinos Dimitriadis
Please send us an email if you are interested in the program so that we can provide further details or answer questions you may have: email@example.com