Visiting Student Elective Program
This program provides an opportunity for international medical students to undertake clinical electives at LMU Munich, facilitated by the International Exchange Office of Medicine.
International undergraduate students who have completed a minimum of 3 years of a medical degree program are welcome to apply. Prospective applicants who have already graduated from medical school are not eligible to participate.
Please note that applicants are accepted by the academic clinical divisions of the Klinikum der Universität München on a limited basis. Priority in scheduling electives is given to medical students from LMU Partner Universities. A minimum of 4 weeks may be spent in clinical electives at LMU.
All students who wish to visit LMU for a clinical elective need to apply no later than 6 months before the requested start date using the Visiting Student Application Service at www.efv.verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de/exchange.
Documents to be submitted:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), listing education, publications and other professional accomplishments.
- Statement of Intent, describing your career goals and how the experience of an elective at LMU will help you achieve them.
- A transcript of records, documenting your studies at your home university.
- Documentation of English language skills (non-native speakers) and/or German language skills*: official language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) or LMU Confirmation of Language Skills.
- Pre-entrance Health Form: Medical Certificate signed by your general practitioner/Home School official.
- ZAV (Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung) Certificate of Enrolment
- ZAV (Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung) Formal Obligation
- Copy of passport (page with personal data only)
*Please note that German is the language of instruction both at the Faculty of Medicine and the Klinikum der Universität München. Therefore, students who do not study at a LMU Partner Unviersity must submit proof of German proficiency at least at level B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Please note that German profiency on a higher level significantly increases your chances of acceptance on the program.
The rquired English level for all visiting students is B2.
LMU will inform you of its elective admission decision as soon as possible after receiving your application. Following notification of your acceptance on the program, you will be sent further information.
All administration and correspondence is by email to: Ms. Lisa Lechner email@example.com
We look forward to having you visit us for an elective rotation!